Suggest treatment for liver failure

I have severe liver damage, I have been directed to take Tylenol every 4 hours for the pain (I have just been released from ICU). What is the best and safest pain killer for the bloating and cramping? I have gained 38 pounds in just over a week. The Hospital says this is normal. What can I do?
Mon, 21 Mar 2016
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist.

Safest painkiller apart from tylenol is tramadol or combination of tylenol amd tramadol.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you . Wish you a good health