Suggest treatment for lingual tonsillitis

Hi, when I went to my mdvip with sore jaw, gums, temp, he looked up my nose and told me it was sinus related. He put me on Ceftin and prednisone. The symptoms went away but came back. When I called him again he told me to see my ENT but could not get an appt right away so he put me on another round of same meds. My ent put me on nystatin and a saline rinse. He diagnosed me with lingual tonsillitis . I still have 5 days of Ceftin and I am also swallowing the Nystatin. I don t feel so good with all these meds. During the night my right foot went went numb. Does this have anything to do with the meds? Should I quit the Ceftin since I am taking Nystatin? I have had 4 sinus surgeries. The last one was the good one. I am 66 and up to my first sinus surgery I was jogging 3-4 miles every other day for over 30 years. Once I had the surgery (polyps), things went downhill. I now have asthma and all these other issues have sprung up.
Mon, 12 Sep 2016
Dentist 's  Response

I can understand your concern and feel sorry to differ from the opinion of your MD and ENT specialist.

As you are having sore jaw and gums, it seems to be a problem that is related to your oral health and not to ENT speciality. It seems that you either have infection in the gum that needs to be treated by ultrasonic scaling by the dentist or there is decay in the tooth that is causing sore jaw and infection in the gums needing treatment with either root canal treatment or extraction.

I would advise you to have one clinical consultation with the dentist for examination of the oral cavity and investigation with x-ray if required. You may not need antibiotics at all.

I hope this information helps you. Thank you for choosing HealthcareMagic. I wish you feel better soon.

Best,
Dr. Viraj Shah