• question-icon

Suggest treatment for leg pain due to spinal stenosis

my dad is 88 and had 4 bypasses. he recently had hip replacement, but now has pain in his right leg. doctor took x-rays and did a mri of his lower back, and the doctors told my dad he has spinal stenosis. due to his age and heart condition, they said they would not operate, but would give him injections every so often. is there anything else my dad can do for this condition?
Tue, 5 Nov 2019
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response

Epidural injections of anesthetics and corticosteroids may help for symptoms in such cases. These can be repeated up to three times with one month gap between. Discuss with your father's Doctor for these issues.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Erion Spaho, Neurologist, Surgical