• question-icon

Suggest treatment for large bruise on left shin

Hi, I had my 2nd skiing lesson on Sunday evening. I fell over a few times and when I had finished and got in the car to drive home my left shin was very sore, I looked at it and there was a reddish lump which has now developed into a large bruise. I am tending to bruise easily at the moment and they ache. I had varicose vein removal surgery last year. Should I worry about this?
Thu, 5 Dec 2019

Bruises or contusion aren't that uncommon. This type of usually minor injury happens when tiny blood vessels called capillaries are broken due to the fall.

I suggest using cold compresses for local applications. I also suggest using anti-inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician