Suggest treatment for knuckle pain

I fractured and displaced my right picky knuckle 2that and a half months ago. The problem is after being in a hard cast for 7 weeks and a splint for two my knuckle still has a constant pain and stiffness feeling. Could this be a ligament or joint problem? And will I need surgery?
Mon, 18 Nov 2019

The symptoms seem to be related to the injury of the knuckle. When the cast is removed, it is not unusual to experience some pain, swelling and stiffness of the knuckle for a few days. I suggest using anti inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen. I also suggest gentle stretching exercises.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician