Suggest treatment for knee pain

I fell onto my right knee a couple years ago. It was swollen and painful for several days. I applied ice and rested during this time. Since then have had periods of pain, often waking me at night. Had X-rays and they were negative, showing some arthritic changes (I m 64 y/o). Had an injection of Synoval which really helped but wore off and started hurting again too soon to have it repeated. Steroid injection did not help. Was scheduled for MRI but have lost my insurance. I have to wait until I can start Medicare. Last few weeks It has really been painful, hurting below the knee extending a couple inches below the side of my knee. I havea been using combination of naproxen, Tramadol, ice, heat, and rest as treatment. Would appreciate any suggestions as to cause and home treatment.
Mon, 16 Mar 2015
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
thanks
i read your problem
add physiotherapy and a muscle relaxant like tab zerodol-th 8mg bd and tab pregalin 75mg once a day
it is always that any joint pain almost always associated with muscle spasm and it start i vicious cycle
may be some osteophytes also formed in joint
you also can add a calcium tab once a day