• question-icon

Suggest treatment for knee pain

I am Gitasri Modak , suffering in pain in Rt.knee joint. My pulse rate 84/min. BP 120/80 Doctor advise to take the flowing medicines 1)Tenoclor 50 ,2)Mega freeflex twise daily . I have taken these medicine as per advise for one week but I do not get any relief in pain
Tue, 3 May 2016
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response

Thank you for providing the brief history of you.

A thorough musculoskeletal assessment is advised.

As you have a knee pain and already on medication which have failed to improve your pain, i will advice you to undergo physical therapy - as by the therapeutic agents like - therapeutic ultrasound therapy and TENS therapy the pain and inflammation will be controlled. Post which small active exercises will be taught to get the strength in the knee.

As ageing occurs, there will be a degenerative changes in the knee joint since it is a weight bearing joint. Changes like - ligament injuries, bone degeneration, reduction in joint spaces etc.

Exercises are the safest way to get the pain rid away and also to help the body to perform well on a longer run.

Jay Indravadan Patel