• question-icon

Suggest treatment for knee arthritis

XRay show bone on bone in one knee but I also have arthritis. I wear a knee brace at night and also when I walk in the day time. Will wearing this knee brace which is actually soft, cause swelling in my foot and ankle? I am 90 years old and hate to have surgery. What is your opinion about that?
Mon, 12 Aug 2019

Your symptoms seem to be related to knee arthritis.

I suggest you use the knee brace which will help in reducing the swelling and inflammation.

I also recommend using anti-inflammatory medications such as Naproxen in reducing the inflammation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician