Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
129 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for jock itch in the groin area

I have several red spots between my scrotum and leg that sometimes sting/itch . I have had this sensation for about 1-11/2 weeks. I cleanse the area every morning when I shower, but it doesn t improve. seems to be getting worse if anything. I don t know what jock itch looks like, or how it feels, so am unsure if this is problem. I have a tube of Antifungal Cream prescribed by my Doctor for another purpose (crusty spots on my legs) called Miconazole Nitrate Cream, USP 2%. Do you think I should use this. I can t get to my Doctor for another 2 weeks. Thank you
Fri, 31 May 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I think you possibly have jock itch but it would be better if you attach a photo in reports for me to confirm it.
I can suggest you an antifungal ointment to be used in generals such clotrmazole. Don't use monistat which is for legs on groin area.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Red, itchy and sore lump in my groin - Jock itch, eczema, or? Hi, I have a red, itchy and sore lump in my groin area and now it is always wet like...