Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
154 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for jaundice

Dear Dr My brother suffered from jaundice and treatment started from 5 days. Our family doctor gave him 3 bottles of dextrose sodium chloride with some injections in it. His appetite increased after treatment but yellow colour in eyes and urine is same. Please suggest that treatment is proper or not.
Fri, 17 Jul 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
As you mentioned that your brother is having jaundice and prescribed dextrose .
Without the type of jaundice it is very difficult to say something.
1 Obstructive type .
2 Non-Obstructive
3 Physiological .
So in my opinion get in Hbasg ( for hepatitis A, B ,C E ) .
Also get in ultrasound of liver ( abdomen ) , serum blirubin level with SGOT & SGPT .
At this point it is very difficult to advise something about treatment , rather consult an QUALIFIED physician and get his opinion.
Good luck.
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My relative is affected by jaundice. He is alchoholic. He is also suffering from psoriasis. I want to get the jaundice cured immly before embarking...