Suggest treatment for itchy red bumps on the back and stomach

i have red itchy bumps on my back and stomach for quite a few years. they itch and scab when irritated and have never gone away. i ve been told by np s that it looked like a skin fungus but they didnt offer any treatments or meds for it. Im uninsured so I cant afford a dermatologist. any suggestions? the sun seems to make it worse. heat of any kind actually,
Mon, 2 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Perhaps you may try a topical antifungal cream for a few weeks. Clotrimazole 1% cream is available over the counter. I suggest you to apply it twice daily for 4 weeks. In addition, you can take an oral antihistamine, e.g., Cetirizine tablet once every evening for symptomatic relief from itching.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Kakkar S.