Suggest treatment for itchy hives and swollen face

Hi. My son is 20 yr and this morning told me he didn t sleep very well due to being itchy. He showed me what appeared to be hives of small size up to a nickel in size. I thought his face also looked a little swollen. He complained most about the bottom of his feet itching. He also had scratches on both sides of torso due to scratching. I did look in his mouth and did not notice any redness or swelling. I gave him 2 Benadryl and told him to let me know if it gets worse. This evening he says he feels the same. The Benadryl helped a little but itches when medicine wears off. He has two new complaints: 1) He states his scrotum area is swollen 2) That he is having chest cramps . Any ideas? Thank you for your time.
Wed, 12 Jun 2019
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

I hope its only allergy and not a viral infection. To rule that out you should take him to the physician because if it is viral he will need proper treatment and Benadryl alone won't be of much help.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Harshita, Ophthalmologist