• question-icon

Suggest treatment for itching in the anus

I have had an extreme anal itch for the past 3 years, I have also had a persistent itch on my labia for the past year and a half. My labia has tiny bumps all over it, but I can not tell if they are the source of the itch. I scratch it every day, and have also started pulling out my pubic hair to alleviate the itch. It's kind of a mess. What should I do?
Mon, 26 Mar 2018

Your symptoms seem to be related to hemorrhoids. Some advices that I can give to you are:
-Apply an over-the-counter hemorrhoid cream or suppository containing hydrocortisone
- Use pads containing witch hazel or a numbing agent.
-Soak regularly in a warm bath or sitz bath. Soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi