Suggest treatment for itching in rectal area while on Meloxicam and Tramadol

Hi, at the end of 2015 I was prescribed Omeprozole for acid reflux, and Meloxicam and Tramadol for nerve pain. Since then, my rectum has been itching incessantly. It was hurting and bleeding sometimes, which is a known side effect of Meloxicam. I stopped taking the Meloxicam and Omeprozole and the pain stopped, but the itching has persisted for months. Any tips?
Wed, 11 Sep 2019

Go for rectal exam and rule out any hemorrhoids. Worm manifestation also causes itching. Try tab. Albendazole 400mg od once repeats after 2 weeks. Apply Proctosedyl ointment for external use for 5 days and review.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr C.ELANCHEZHIAN, General & Family Physician