Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
158 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Suggest treatment for irregular periods

Hi, i have irregular periods from many years , my periods does not come for 2-3 months and than when it comes it lasts for long time like 20 days and causes heavy bleeding .I have done all test like FSH ,LH, Prolactin , thyroid , my all reports are normal .I dont have ceast even .So what should i do to cure it .And which medice should be taken to stop prolonged period.
Mon, 14 Dec 2015
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern...

Have you undergone an ultrasound, your symptoms are suggestive of PCOS (poly cystic ovary syndrome).
According to me you should start taking combined contraceptive pills such as femilion. Take one pill daily at same time for 21 days. Then stop taking pill for 7 days. You would have your period. Start taking pills again after 1 week stoppage. In this way you would have regular & short periods.

Refer to your gynecologist
Hope this information helps
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi I am 32 years married. I am having polycystic ovaries my periods is irregular doctor advised me to take ovasafe tablet Evatone glyconet aloes...