Suggest treatment for irregular menstruation

(I have irregular periods btw) I have had continuous medium to very light spotting for about a month which started about a week after having unprotected sex. At first it was really light so I just thought my period was going to come but it never did . Sometimes it ll be pink then bright red then brown . I started experiencing some pregnancy symptoms but tested negative on 2 at home test. But the spotting and everything continued so I went to a doctor and he did an ultrasound n said there was no sign of a pregnancy. He took a blood test to make sure but I haven t gotten my results yet. My question is it normal for me to be spotting like this ? And for this long? Should I be concerned or will it solve itself
Mon, 7 Aug 2017
Thanks for letting us know your health concern. In the current scenario, your chances of conception are very low. You had a negative HPT and also a negative sonogram, which is mostly confirmatory. You seem to be experiencing some hormone imbalance and so having breakthrough bleeding. If the blood test also is negative, you can be prescribed progesterones for a cycle to correct the deficiency and set the cycles back on track. Infections also have to be ruled out as a cause. Hope this helps.