Suggest treatment for intermittent back pain

Hello, Currently under DR care, have moderate to severe intermittent back pain( lower right side) . The pain increase when I make specific movements, standing and reach up for something, putting more pressure on the right side. additionally, there is a slight pressure in the same area
Wed, 11 Sep 2019

Noted your short and specific history of right sided lower back pain which increases on certain movements.
This is classical of the muscular strain or sprain causing spasms too.
This can be easily diagnosed by doing a clinical examination by a Doctor and be treated specifically.
Anti-inflammatory medications.
Muscle relaxant tablets.
Local rubefacient liniment that increases local heat and relaxes muscles.
Bed rest is very important as more you move more will be spasm.
Also needed is to rule out other causes like spinal cord problems, right kidney and ureter problems, colitis and so on as these can cause such spasms of local muscles.
Get an MRI of the affected area done if there is no relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon