Suggest treatment for insomnia and anxiety?

Hi there, i m Dannallyn Salita and I am 13 years old. The reason why I am here because i have been suffering from insomia for few days. I know it s maybe because of my depression but whenever I think what I am depressed of, my body feels tired, not feeling well and often sick. And I also know that I am suffering from anxiety disorder because I have social phobia. But my real question is how can I stop this? And is antidepressant necessary?
Wed, 14 May 2014
Hi Dannallyn Salita,

I read your query and can understand your concern regarding your symptoms as well as medications. I would have liked to know what exactly do you consider the symptoms of social phobia to be and what other symptoms to you ascribe to depression.

I would suggest that you seek a psychiatric consultation for proper evaluation and management. Anti-depressants will help you overcome both depressive and anxiety symptoms and most of the newer ant-depressants are quite safe. You can also discuss with your psychiatrist regarding the option of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT). CBT is a mode of treatment without medications where you will have frequent sessions with your therapist focusing on relaxation and changing any cognitive errors you might be having.

Hope this information was helpful. Best wishes.