Suggest treatment for insomnia and anxiety?

I take 3 medications for high blood pressure (lisinopril, metoprolol, hydrochlorothianzide). I had gastric lap band surgery in 6/2012. For the last 2-3 months, I have been having trouble sleeping – mainly waking in the middle of the night and not able to go back to sleep. I also had been vomiting after my meals because the restriction from the band was feeling too tight. I was frustrated one night after not being able to go back to sleep, and I went to the emergency room where I was diagnosed as having insomnia and anxiety. I saw my primary care doctor and she gave me sertraline and trazodone. Although I feel normal again, after starting the meds, I am still not confident that anxiety and depression are the issue. Could there be any other reasons for this? What should I ask my doctor to test me for? I believe my symptoms are related to the lap band. I have had no other issues with anxiety, depression, and insomnia in the past. I am a 39 year old female. I also have low iron.
Fri, 21 Feb 2014
Hello mam
Till you are anxious, you wont be able to sleep.
Anxiety is one of the important reason of insomnia. You should go for antidepressant like Mirtazepine, it wil treat your depression/ anxiety and hence insomnia.
Thank you