• question-icon

Suggest treatment for influenza virus

I was diagnosed with Influenza type B two days ago, but I've had symptoms since Sunday. I'll say today is day 5.

Every other symptom has vanished besides this painful, chesty cough. It feels like my throat is on fire every time I cough. Nothing is being produced with the cough.

I just want to know how long this cough will linger? I haven't gotten much sleep because of it, and cough syrup & cough drops fail to help. What can I do to treat it?
Mon, 2 May 2016
Hi.

It sounds as though you've developed a bacterial bronchitis and for that you'd need a course of antibiotics like Cipro