Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

147 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for infection on penis

Hi I had sex with a person about 2 months ago. 3 weeks later I started showing signs of an infection in my pennis (burning, swelling of the head and skin, painful rashes within it) I don t have any type of puss coming out of it. I researched several std s. I went to the doctor and he started me on medication for gonorrhea, it s been over 2 weeks and I m done with medication. Still not cured. I have little swelling, something that looks like a rash around and on the head of my pennis and it feels like if the tube inside hurts. Like if it was swollen or bruised (like when you hit yourself).
Wed, 31 Dec 2014
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to H C M .
Treatment of Gonorrhea is single dose medicine.
Consult Dermatologist to rule out 'S T D',
bacterial infection mixed with fungal infection.
Treatment depend on cause.he will examine you Physically,may take some blood tests for Culture & Sensitivity
urinalysis .
Take care ,
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i m suffering infection in my pennies like when start erection, have JALAN like pain on the innerside of the skin which skin is come upword and downward, after that the area (inside) will the reddish colour like wound, pl tell me what is this and any medicine for that

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have penis infection from last one week but i have not take it seriously, just apply the betadine oilment on it but still it was not recovered. Could you pls sujest to whom I consult & how can I get speddy recovery from this. Regards, Saju Babu

doctor1 MD

hello doctor i am suffering from penis infection , i intercourse wid a lady who was in periods , now my penis is keep leaking white transparent fluid like water ( color less ) and am unable to cure it wot is the disease name and tell me how to cure it , as am getting sexually and mentally disturb