Suggest treatment for hypocalcemia in a child

I am blessed with a baby boy who is found to be hypocalcemic. He was treated with IV calcium infusion. His level was brought to 9.3. However for past one day that is stopped and oral intake is started. Now level is 8.5. He is also being given vitamin d3 too.
Please suggest what should be done next?
Thu, 9 Jul 2015
Hi dear,
I has gone through your question and understand your concern. It seems his Calcium is not absorbed properly. I suggest
- check stool analysis;
-add enzymes syrup for 1-2 months;
-give probiotics;
- check stool for ova and cyst(Guardian lamblia), you didn't point age of baby,but I had cases when baby was infected till 1 year;
- check function of kidneys, do ultrasound of kidneys.
Hope it helps