Suggest treatment for hypertension and cataract

Hi, my name is Stephanie. I had a cataract removed August 26, 2014 and a Tecnis multifocal IOL put in. The surgery was successful but I am experiencing huge halos at night around any lights. I have not driven at night since the surgery. I am 60 years old and it is vital to me to be able to drive at night. The surgeon that did the operation is hesitant to remove the lenses since I am a diabetic. I also have hypertension. I am very near sighted so I do understand there is risks involved with the surgery. If I do this surgery what lens would you suggest for me that doesn t have any risks of halos. Also what are your thoughts on even considering removing the lens.
Tue, 11 Apr 2017
HI
Well come to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, intolerance to bright light could be pretty common after cataract surgery otherwise it may not causes any other symptoms, as a matter of fact ophthalmologist takes the best decision for the patient which lens is better, removing lens may not be the option neither it is advisable unless have some clinical reasons for that hope this information helps.