Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
137 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for hydrocele

Hello, I was diagnosed with a hydrocele some time ago, but it never really bothered me (or very infrequently) so i never got it fixed. The past couple of days I have felt pain similar to the feeling of the hydrocele, but it is now constant. I am going to get the hydrocele operated on, I was just wondering if this could have turned into something more serious?
Fri, 10 May 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

A hydrocele is a sac filled with fluid that forms around a testicle. They generally don’t have any threat to the testicles. To diagnose a hydrocele, the physical examination needs to be performed. If you have a hydrocele, your scrotum will be swollen, but most ofen it does not have any pain. It is not possible to feel your testicle through the fluid-filled sac.

If it is tender, it needs to be treated by intake of analgesic medications. Most often, hydroceles typically go away within six months with conservative management by giving adequate scrotal support.

Surgery is indicated if the swelling does not show signs of regression and would be causing more discomfort. Kindly consult Surgeon in this regard for clinical evaluation and appropriate management.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, I have been diagnosed hydrosil in my left testicle after taking ultrasound. The doctor treating me also prescribed some medicine for a...

Recent questions on  Hydrocele

doctor1 MD

Hello, i am a male, almost 70 yrs old ovedrweight, ugly, all kind of problems with mt health.4 diff. blood press meds, i have a left hydrocele, 3...

doctor1 MD

hello sir,
I m 30 years old and I am suffering from chronic gynaecomastia which is bilateral but the right side is much more unevenly enlarge like...

doctor1 MD


doctor1 MD

Hello, I was diagnosed with a hydrocele some time ago, but it never really bothered me (or very infrequently) so i never got it fixed. The past...

doctor1 MD

Can testicular torsion cause LOW grade pain?

doctor1 MD

Does certain masturbation methods cause testicular torsion like for humping the bed or a bag?

doctor1 MD

I had hydrocele surgery the day before thanksgiving. I had 3 sacs of water according to my dr. This is day 14 and my ball sac is still swollen on...