Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
157 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Suggest treatment for high blood pressure

I just turned 40. I have been watching my BP lately because I keep getting told that it s high and I should have it checked out. Today it has been 143 over 109. Which I am a little worried. My wife keeps nagging me to go to doctors until today. Now she says I need to go to the hospital. Should I be more worried about my BP then what I am? Should I go to hospital?
Fri, 16 Jan 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi. Your diastolic bp is high. It require antihypertensive treatment. You should consume DASH diet. This diet consist fresh fruits and vegetables. You should take salt restricted diet. Home bp monitoring is best. Do not worry for hypertension. It can be controlled by drugs. Do exercise daily. Ace inhibitors diuretics calcium channel blocker are first line therapy for hypertension according to latest guidelines. Check your blood sugar fasting to rule out diabetes. Take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have had high blood pressure. Trying to lower it with potassium, magnesium and spironolactone for two weeks, with no change. Just started...