• question-icon

Suggest treatment for high blood pressure and giddiness

I am aged 55.male 68 kg weight I am hyper tension patient for the past 3 years . My pressure level 180/100, I am consuming regularly star press XL 100mg in morning , 5 mg ramistar in night. I am having giddyness for the past one week. Now I tested my BP level 160/80.sugar level normal. I need your advice
Sat, 31 May 2014
Hi
You are taking two drugs ( antihypertensives) regularly and still you are having bit high blood pressure.
In this case the dose of ramipril can be increased as per doctor' s advice.
As your blood sugar is normal, the reason for your giddiness may be
1)bp still at a higher side
2) bradycardia ( low heart rate) due to metoprolol(starpress)
3) postural hypotension due to ramipril.

So tell your treating doctor regarding your problem, he will assess the reason and will suggest the necessary modifications.

All of these causes are very common and can be managed easily, so no need to worry.

Thank you