Suggest treatment for high BP

Prior to a work related car accident, I was in perfect health. I, was wearing my police uniform, when struck by an imparied driver in 2009. Since that day, while specialists were trying to figure out why I was in pain and having flu like symptoms monthly for a week at a time, and extreme pain and unusual fatigue my orth surgeon sent me for a bon scan where the nurse dropped the needle and put a belt around my elbows without steralizing. The next morning I woke up with 4 golf ball size lymph nodes under each arm. I had surgery and was diagnosed with a staph infection, I had home care for over two months while nurses changed the wound dressings under both underarms until they healed. As i tried to go for rehab to get strong again, I continue to crash and suffer from extreme exhaustion and was eventually told I had Fibromyalgia. I went to the USA for a 1 year treatment plan at the fibro and fatigue centre in Marietta Georgia. During my IV Injectoin treatments it was detected that I was not suffering from high blood pressure at rest 169 over 116 with a pulse of 90 to 98 at rest. Since then my dr prescribed blood pressure medicine and I take it but blood pressure is still 157 over 110 and my pulse is 104 at rest. What does this mean?? The last time I went to a heart specialst they advised that my heart was somewhat enlarged and mentioned left ventrical hypertrophy a condition athletes get as it happens over time with the heart having to pump harder. Any suggestions. I have been advised that Fibromyalgia causes our blood to thicken and less oxygen and a number of different theories. I really want to find the best doctor in the world to help me. Thank You, Katherne 46 yrs always an athlete until this accident and the driver and passenger were impaired by drugs on a monday morning in June at 11am and this is still before the courts and I just want it to be over so that I can try fetal stem cell or something to save myself.
Mon, 13 Apr 2015
Hi welcome to HCM.
I understand your query and concern.
High blood pressure with Left ventricular hypertrophy should be evaluated for Dilated cardiomyopathy.Best treatment for elevated blood pressure is through drugs like beta blockers and Ace inhibitors.Before that adequate management and work up is needed.I advise you to have a baseline 2 dimensional echocardiography,ECG and lipid profile to assess the basic cardiac reserve of your heart.Restrict the intake of salt to less than 6g/day.Regular physical exercise in the form of brisk walk for 20 min a day for 5 days a week is pretty useful.Drugs like antihypertensives and antiarrhythmics will help.Reduce the intake of fatty and fried food.One pomegranate a day will help to keep your heart at good pace without clot formation. Stress management is most vital in your case.Fetal stem cell transplant needs some criterion to be fulfilled.So Consult a Cardiologist for further expert management.
Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.