Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
160 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for high BP with spinal stenosis

My bp was 154 over 63 with a pulse of 71 What does that indicate

I am a 68, female and recently diag. with a severe focal stenosis of the proximal left internal carotid artery. I had a MRA. I am usually healthy and went for a regular checkup. My bp at that time was 168 over 9o with pulse of 72. In the past my pressure is usually normal of below
Mon, 26 Sep 2016
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures ,  
Medical Topics ,  
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to Health Care magic, I am Dr , Muhammad Ahmad , I have read your question closely, I understand your concern and will be helping you with your health related problem.

There is a term called "White coat hypertension". It came up when it was noticed that people having normal blood pressure when visit hospital for checkup, tend to have higher BP this is probably because of the anxiety and concern about one's condition and what happens next. If you had higher blood pressure in the hospital but usually your blood pressure stays fine it is very much possible that you had white coat hypertension.

There is a simple thing to check it which you can do at home. Just get a Blood pressure apparatus and start checking your blood pressure twice a day if it stays below 150/90 then well and good there is nothing to worry but if it stays consistently high then there this probably wasn't white coat hypertension. And you will have to make at least a 5 days BP reading record on a paper and visit your doctor to get your medication adjusted.

Till then i would advise you not to panic just start checking your blood pressure at home.

I hope this answered your question, If you have more queries I am happy to answer you.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have spinal stenosis and have had back surgery 3 years ago today. I have been pain free until last year and aching and pain in my right leg has...

Recent questions on  Stroke

doctor1 MD

Hi, I had a hysterectomy 12 years ago, ovaries out as well. My doctor put me on high dose oral premarin 0.625mg for 10 of those 12 years. I became...

doctor1 MD

I have a pulsating vein in the right side of the neck . I had a catscan and all I was told was that the vein was very large and that my thyroid was...

doctor1 MD

Why do I get severe headache (always) and ear pain (at times) when i am exposed to direct sunlight even for just couple of minutes? I used to play...

doctor1 MD

i had a couple of black outs stretching over a period of 10 months. I consulted a neuro surgeon and did MRI brain and other tests which were all...

doctor1 MD

Can testicular torsion cause LOW grade pain?

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a partial vision loss - probably a TIA - what will happen when I go to the emergency room?? YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My left testicle has been giving me slight pain and discomfort for around a week now. Especially when I lay on my side to go to sleep, it floats...