Suggest treatment for high BP and pulse rate

I was at work and just didnt feel right so i took my blood pressure and pulse rate. Blood pressure was 151/90 ajd pulse was 113. My pharmacist he tell by looking at me that i was having breathing issuse. I am an ovarian and uterine cancer survivor since July 25 of this year. Could this be an effect of the chemo or something totally different. I also have chroica hep c but that s been undetectable for almost 10 years, after i did the interferon treatment.
Tue, 21 Apr 2015
Hi welcome to HCM.
I understand your query and concern.
High blood pressure uncontrolled leads to Left ventricular hypertrophy in ECG and should be evaluated for Dilated cardiomyopathy or ischemic stroke of brain or heart. Best treatment for elevated blood pressure is through drugs like beta blockers and Ace inhibitors.Before that adequate management and work up is needed.So I advise you to have a baseline 2 dimensional echocardiography,ECG and lipid profile to assess the basic cardiac reserve of your heart.Restrict the intake of salt to less than 6g/day.Regular physical exercise in the form of brisk walk for 20 min a day for 5 days a week is pretty useful.Drugs like Aten or amlodepine and antiarrhythmics like metoprolol will help.Reduce the intake of fatty and fried food.One pomegranate a day will help to keep your heart at good condition without clot formation. Stress management is most vital in your case.So Consult a Cardiologist for further expert management.
Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.