Suggest treatment for herniated disc

I have a herniated disc that is bulging a person on my nerve in my lower back. Everytime I walk walk or any kind of movement movementmy back and my leg feels like it wants to lock in place or tighten up on me it makes it very hard to walkI have alot of pain lower back and legs is this coming from the pinched nerve
Mon, 11 May 2015
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
You might be having disc prolapse with nerve root compression.
The general recommendations for Lumbar spine issues are as follows -
- Usually 1-2 days of bed rest will calm severe back pain. Do not stay off your feet for longer
- Take rest breaks throughout the day, but avoid sitting for long periods of time.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights as it imparts more strain on your back
- Change your daily activities so that you avoid movements that can cause further pain, especially bending forward and lifting as it will worsen your back pain
- Use a lumbosacral back support to stabilize & strengthen the back musculature
- Use analgesics like advil or aleve and muscle relaxants to relieve pain and muscle spasm, as needed.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.