Suggest treatment for heavy bleeding after removal of Mirena IUD?

Hello.. I am having problem of very heavy bleeding. I got mirena removed 1 month back. Since then very heavy bleeding. I took regesterone5 mg for 21 days then stopped. My period came 2 days later with very heavy non stop bleeding with clots. Plz advise
Fri, 5 Jan 2018
Hi there, I have understood your concern and I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

I will suggest you to take Tablet containing Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid, 3 times a day to control excessive bleed during periods.
Please seek prescription support for the same from your treating doctor.
Your treating doctor has rightly suggested you to take progesterone tablets. These tablets will be helpful in regulating the menstrual cycle and in preventing excessive bleeding during menses.

I will also suggest you to get USG done, and blood test for thyroid function.
There can be structural reasons like fibroids or polyps got heavy bleeding. Or abnormal thyroid hormone levels can be the another cause.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar