Suggest treatment for heart palpitations and chest tightness

HI since about February i have had trouble falling asleep because of racing heart and slight chest tightness. it seems to happen mainly when i am trying to relax and most times after drinking alcohol. I also used to always sleep on my stomach but now i cant because i feel it causes more discomfort. when im laying on my stomach i feel like i can feel my heart beating a little bit harder so i try sleeping on my back. sleeping on my back does help but i still will experience the palpitations. its really scary so i usually cant fall asleep till i am extremely exhausted. I am in pretty good health i have good blood pressure, no blood disorders, and no previous heart conditions. I had my heart checked at the doctors and he said it was fine but i also was not having an episode at the time of my visit. the reason i am here is because my insurance is expired till august and was hoping to get some answers
Thu, 17 Jan 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms seem to be related to anxiety.

Anyway, I would recommend checking thyroid hormone levels for possible thyroid gland dysfunction and performing an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring in order to exclude any possible cardiac arrhythmia.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.

In the meantime, I recommend avoiding caffeine and alcohol intake.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ilir Sharka,
Cardiologist