• question-icon

Suggest treatment for headache and light sensitivity in eyes

My head has been hurting for like a week now I ve tried Tylenol ibuprofen and my dr even gave me two vicodines and still pain doesn t go away light is really hurting my eyes I also I really can t take deep breathes I feel like I m going crazy please help me : (
Mon, 25 Nov 2019
Hi.

I've gone through your query. I can understand your anxiety.

Migraine headaches are usually triggered by sensitivity to light, noise, smell. So you are getting eye symptoms. It can be of classic migraine with aura or cluster headache. I advice you to,
1. To take Analgesics like Triptans (as you already taken ibuprofen). Also a dose of steroid followed by tapering.
2. Neck massage
3. Relaxation & Stretching exercises.
4. YOGA
5.  Have Caffeine drinks
6. Avoid exposure to light, noise etc
7. Periodic eye examination

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Get well soon.

Dr. Yogapriya V, General and family physician.