Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
182 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for hair loss

Hi I am facing hair loss problem just on the upper portion of head. i took treatment from one of the dermitologist... he suggested me to use arcalon shampoo and Minoxili. But i stopped using minoxil as i was seeing some side effects and continuing use of arcalon. but still i am facing the issue not seeing any positive effects.please advise what to do now?
Mon, 22 Feb 2016
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response

I can understand your concern for hair loss. But,you not mentioned about your gender and age. I deeply feel that most probably you may be having telogen effluvium.

You may follow...

- biotin containing tablets
- iron preparation
- vitamin E
- apply mild steroid lotion at night on the affected scalp
- mild herbal shampoo
- almond oil

You consult the dermatologist for the firm diagnosis and perfect treatment.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I m Shan. I ve gone to a doctor for my hairloss problem, and m suffering of it for last 6months. m 20yrs old now. I m a student. He prescribed...