Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for hair loss in a young male

Hello Sir, I am Shailesh , age 26, presently student . For some reason my hairs have started falling and hair growth have almost stopped. Over the time hair thickness have also decreased. I have been taking homeopathic medication for past one and a half year but there is no considerable improvement. Please suggest what could be problem and steps needed to overcome it. My diet is also almost balanced and have been taking aloe vera and other natural stuffs.
Tue, 1 Mar 2016
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain hair fall can occur in young men due to common cause like Male Pattern Baldness or Androgenic Aloepecia which occurs due to androgenic hormones as well as genetics..
Other causes can be nutritional deficiency, fungal infection, stress, long standing illness, side effects of medicines and hair cosmetics etc..
I would suggest you to consult a Trichologist and get evaluated and a thorough clinical evaluation and investigations like Blood tests, Dermoscopy, Trichogram etc can help in diagnosis and treatment can be done accordingly..
You can be advised to apply 5% Minoxidil lotion over the scalp..
You can also be advised to take Biotin and multivitamin supplements..
You can also massage the scalp with warm coconut oil..
In case if there is Pattern baldness Finesteride can be advised to be taken orally..
Keep the scalp clean and wash it every alternate day..
Drink plenty of water..
Take more of green leafy vegetables and fruits in diet..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi i am a healthy male of 22 years from Dhaka, Bangladesh, i am unmarried. i am facing hair loss from both side and slow hair growth in male...