Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
146 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the scrotum

I have fungal infection in my scrotal area and in penis portions and i consulted a doctor and he prescribed the zolefung cream for 1 month and i used it.Then also it is not curing,what i have to do?Please give me suggestions? Is there a faster Oilment which can cure me?
Mon, 13 Oct 2014
Report Abuse
Psychiatrist 's  Response

I understand your concern.

Fungal infection ccan be treated with medicine like anti fungal group.

Medicines like fluconazole 150 mg once a week for 1 month and terbenafine ointment can be useful.

But treatment depend upon type of fungal infection.

It can decide only after proper examination.

So consult dermatologist before taking any medicine and get help.

Still if you have a query then feel free to ask.

Happy to help you further.

Thank you.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi Doc, i have fungal infection of the groin area down to my scrotum. I am a black man, and i have used various creams and powders without success...