Suggest treatment for fourth and fifth metatarsal fracture

Broke in several places fourth and fifth metatarsal one week ago. Swelling has not improved and now noticed that foot is warm to touch. Didn t notice before because was taking tramadol every 4 hours. Now I am taking it every 6 hours. Could this mean I could have any infection in my foot?
Mon, 31 Aug 2015
Hello
As you mentioned that there is fracture of 4th and 5th metatarsal bone and you are taking tramadol 4 hourly and later on 6 hourly , this is just a pain reliever management but not a treatment .
Since this is in the foot and you have to walk on foot i.e. can't get rest .
The only option is casting i.e apply plaster of Paris on this part because immobilization for 8 -12 weeks is important for complete relief.
While swelling on the foot is not due to tramadol but due to fracture .
No massage only POP is important .
So for this consult an ORTHOPEDIC doctor .