Suggest treatment for fever and headache

My 5 yr old son started complaining of his head hurting yesterday afternoon and had a low grade fever. We forced fluids and gave Motrin. He went to sleep around 6:30 pm and didn t wake up until this morning at 6:00 am. He woke up complaining of his head still hurting and had a temp of 101.7 again I have been forcing fluids and pushing a combo of Motrin and Tylenol. He went to sleep at 9:00 am, and is still sleeping. What could be wrong with him, and is there anything different I should be doing?
Wed, 29 Oct 2014
Hello. I just read through your question. The most common diagnosis in this scenario is a harmless viral illness. It typically resolves on it's own after 2-3 days. Headache often accompanies fever, regardless of the cause of the fever. You are doing the right thing by treating with tylenol, motrin, and fluids. If the fever persists beyond 2-3 days, I recommed consulting with your doctor.