Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
121 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for eye pain

hi, my 3 year old daughter hit me in the eye and my eye won't stop hurting. It seems that it hurts more when my eyelid is covering it. and it goes through stages where it starts stringing really bad for about 30-45 seconds and i can't open it. is there anything i can do to ease the pain?
Wed, 30 Apr 2014
Report Abuse
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having pain in the eye following injury to eye by your daughter.
This seems like corneal abrasion and this requires treatment by use of antibiotics and antiinflammatory drugs and artificial tears.
Since this is probably involving cornea this requires treatment under supervision of ophthalmologist.
Hence I advice you to consult your ophthalmologist for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi. This morning while using exercise bands the bottom slipped out from under my feet and smacked me right in the eye. For the first minute I...