Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
166 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for endometrial thickness

My wife at the age of 61 we went to doctor in Saudi Arabia for ultrasound
It discovered that her vegina increased endometrial thickness 17mm
Overlies appear normal with no gross masses nor cystic changes
Right ovary measures 18x 17mm
Left ovary measures 24x14mm
One doctor recommend MRI
Other doctor recommend biopsy
What is your recomendation
Mon, 27 Apr 2015
Report Abuse
Radiologist 's  Response

Your wife's ultrasound findings suggests increased endometrial thickness.
Firstly,I suggest for biopsy.
This condition also need clinical correlation.
Increased endometrial thickness may be due to both reasons,benign or malignant.
Biopsy is very helpful in assessing nature of endometrial thickening.
Treatment depend upon findings.

MRI can be done if there is doubt regarding malignancy to assess spread of disease,other wise it is not necessary.

Get well soon.
Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am 35 years old with two caesarian operations.i have an anteverted uterus normal in size and shows hypoechoic lession of size 1.6x1.0cms in the...