Suggest treatment for ear pain

My 9 year old son has had almost constant ear pain for 10 months. Originally he was treated with multiple rounds of antibiotics for an inner ear infection by our pediatrician. The antibiotics are believed to have caused an outer ear infection which took 4 months to treat by our pediatric ENT. The ears are now healthy (per exam and CT scan). The ENT suggested that this pain might be migraine related, though my child does not have headaches. Pain is relieved by heat and motrin. However daily motrin use is not encouraged. Could these be Otic migraines?
Wed, 3 Dec 2014
HI
Well come to HCM
Migraine is out question here, if there is no any ear infection, wax inside the ear, no foreign body in ear then the pain could be non specific and functional one, and this is just nothing to worry, if you are asking to child for pain in positive way then obviously you would get the positive reply too, try not to ask this instead if he complaints for this then try to assure him that this would be okay soon, placebo treatment can be tried, hope this information helps, have a nice day.