Suggest treatment for ear congestion

I have had the sensation that my ears are plugged, fluid sensation, and congestion in nose for 6 months now. Saw the ENT. Said the ears looked good inside. Had testing done and no sign of fluid in ears, even though it feels like it. This all started during a stressful situation and someone moving into my house for a brief amount of time that tends to use overly scented things. I am supposed to get testing done for Vestibular Migraines and Menieres Disease. I had a hearing test done, and that was fine. This seems to be okay some days, and worse other days. It never fully goes away. I have never had anything like this before. Any other ideas, as to what it could be? I need more natural remedies, as I am too sensitive to antihistamines, steroids, things like that.
Mon, 16 Nov 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Welcome to HCM.

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have ear congestion since 6 months which could be due to wax buildup, Menieres disease, water bubble or infection of ear. I would suggest you to apply hot dry compresses to external ear , keep it dry and take ibuprofen or acetaminophen for pain and discomfort . You can try hydrogen peroxide once to soften the wax . If this method doesn't work then consult ENT specialist for proper examination . Doctor may examine you ear with otoscope . Doctor may also order CT scan to confirm the diagnosis and rule out condition like ear infection and eustachian tube dysfunction . Doctor may prescribe antibiotics amoxicillin at least for a week along with decongestants

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.
Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari