Suggest treatment for dry cough

I have a cough that originates at the bottom of my throat right between my collar bone for 6 weeks. I have had 3 rounds of strong antibiotics and codeine cough syrup and it is still here. It can be slightly wet to bone dry. I may cough every few minutes or I may cough non stop until I gag and throw up. The only effective treatment seems to be Benadryl and even that only helps a little. What treatment are options are available? Would wine help as a temporary treatment?
Tue, 14 Oct 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello,thanks for your query, dry cough since weeks should be evaluated with xray chest. cause could be allergic. kindly evaluate. hope i have answered your query. all the best. take care.