Suggest treatment for diverticulitis

I have been diagnosed with diverticulities but also have a rectovaginal fistula which at first was horrendous with faeces coming through the vagina this was back in October, since then I have had CT scan, flexispiroscopy to confirm diveeticulitis after being extremely ill and large weight lost. Now the weight it back on but I still have a very minor discharge from the vagina does this mean the fistula is gradually closing as I do not want an operation is I can avoid it
Tue, 22 Aug 2017
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Severe attack of diverticulitis and causing the complication of rectovaginal fistula needs surgical correction.
Since you are a diagnosed case of recto-vaginal fistula it usually does not heal on its own.
It is best to correct your hemoglobin and serum proteins get the body into shape again so that a proper surgical treatment can help you for a probable cure.
Till then get a course of an antibiotic, metronidazole and probiotics.
Walk around for exercises of the calves to avoid deep vein thrombosis.