Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for diverticulitis

I have had diverticulious so when I went to the doctor two weeks ago they prescribed a two week regimen of antibiotics for my left side pain, sick to my stomach, and severe cramping. Also put me on soft foods and liquids. Cramping has not stopped and pain is still bad, still sick to my stomach. Any suggestions
Asked On : Fri, 1 Aug 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  6
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dentist 's  Response
Thank you very much for contacting healthcare magic.

You have problem of divurticulitis. Modify your diet and lifestyle modifications. ....

Avoid sress and anxiety.
Take high fiber food like whole grains, oats....etc.

Eat fres fruits and green vegetables.
Bulk forming agent like psyllium can use.
Musculotropic drug help in diverticulitis for relief of pain .

Avoid spicy foods and fatty foods.
Avoid alcohol drinking and smoking.
Consent a gastroenterologist for further diagnosis.

I hope my guidance is helpful to you.
Take care.
Thank you very much.
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor