Suggest treatment for diarrhea and stomach cramps

I CAME DOWN WITH DIAREA LAST FRIDAY IT STARTED IN THE AFTERNOON WITH CRAMPS ETC. BY MINIGHT IT WAS GOING ON EVERY HALF HOUR OR SO. MY WIFE GOT ME SOME PEPTOBISMAL AN I JUST ABOUT DID THE WHOLE BOTTLE BEFORE IT STOPPED WENT A DAY AND AQ HALF AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE. THEN THE CRAMPS STARTED UP AND NEXT THING I WAS GOING AGAIN BUT AS QUICK AS IT CAME IT WAS GONE AND BACK TO NORMAL THEN LAST NIGHT IT STARTED UP AGAIN BUT JUST SOFT NOT REAL WATERY UNTIL THIS MORNING. THEN WITHOUT ANY WARNING I WOULD HAVE TO GO AND BARELY BE ABLE TO MAKE IT 15 FT. I HAVENT TAKEN ANYTHING FOR IT SINCE THE PEPTO BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT WAS A LITTLE MUCH BUT I WAS DESPERATE THEN. NOBODY ELSE HAS GOTTEN THIS AROUND ME AND MY STOMACH HAS BEEN FINE
Thu, 17 May 2018
Apr 2017
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The issue is from intestine infection. Primary guidelines at present
- Consume more liquids.
- Prefer easily digestible diet with more of fresh yogurt for probiotic support.
- Avoid all non-vegetarian, spices, junk foods.
- Get a prescription of probiotic from your PCP.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.