• question-icon

Suggest treatment for diabetes, thyroid, and obesity

my father is 58 years having diabities thyroid obesity and he smokes too now in sono graphy he is detected with gall bladder stone mild hepatomegaly with grade 1 fatty liver and minimal thickening and irregularity of bladder wall........how much time its required to treat this 3 things.........?
Thu, 26 Jun 2014
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
Gall bladder stone is commonly associated with obesity and can be removed with endoscopy. Grade 1 fatty liver is again associated with obesity and can be reversed once the weight starts coming down.
Diabetes mellitus is a condition of hyperglycemia due to insulin deficiency or insulin resistance or both. It requires in early stages, life style management like weight reduction, low carbohydrates and moderate exercise. In late stages along with life style changes, medication is also necessary for regular sugar control.
Thyroid is an endocrine organ. It requires regular maintenance dose of synthyroid to maintain normal function of many organs in the body.
Your father can control all of them to remain healthy. He needs to control his smoking too.
If you have any further queries, do ask again.
Dr. Prakash HM