Suggest treatment for derealization disorder

For the past 3 weeks I've been suffering with ongoing severe derealization and I can't shake it. I wanted to know if their are any medicines that can help with this and how long does it take for them to work? I had a severe attack like this 2 1/2 years ago and was put on wellbutrin for it and the derealization went away after about 5 to 6 weeks. I went to the doctor this past tuesday and she put me on citalopram and metoporol and she said it should work much faster than wellbutrin but it hasnt worked so far and it's been 4 days.

Fri, 28 Nov 2014
Psychologist 's  Response
Dear
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your details. I suggest you not to worry much. De-realization disorder is not a stand alone disorder but dissociative symptoms of many conditions, in psychiatry and neurotic spectrum. It is also called Depersonalization-derealization disorder.

Psychological counseling helps you understand why depersonalization and derealization occur, and helps you gain control over the symptoms so that they go away. Two such techniques include cognitive behavioral therapy and psychodynamic therapy. Depersonalization-derealization disorder may also improve when counseling helps with other mental health conditions, such as depression.

If you require more of my help in this aspect, Please post a direct question to me in this URL. http://goo.gl/aYW2pR. Make sure that you include every minute details possible. I shall prescribe the needed psychotherapy techniques.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.