Suggest treatment for depression and sleeplessness

hi i am a 16 year old girl, who lost her father to suicide 2 weeks ago. i cant sleep or eat, and im always going to call him fogetting whats happened.

i always feel sick cause i cant eat and always feel tired and angry cause i cant sleep. should i got to a docter for antidepression and sleeping medicine?
Thu, 28 Aug 2014
Hi

I admire your concern.

I guess it is grief reaction due to decase father.
It is comon reaction after lost of loved one.

I can understand your emotion.

No need of antidepressant. it will only given if symtoms are persist for more than 1 month.

This kind of condition can be treated with mild dose of anxiolytic and which is also help to get good sleep.

I prefer low dose of etizolam or lorazepam orclonazepam etc in such kind of patients.

Besides this you have to keep your self busy.

Try out to maintain daily routines.
Keep taking with friends and family members.

fix sleep schedule and stick on it

no day time sleep

exercise.

stress free activities and meditations
avoid alcohol and smoking

Avoid tea coffee soft drink at night.

All of this will help you to restore good sleep.

Hope for the best.

Get well soon.
Thank you.