Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
144 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for depersonalization disorder

How to cure depersonalization/ derealization?? I m just now finding out about this and I been feeling and living in these symptoms for over 10 years..It s been devastating to me and my of the most horrible things any person could ever go through..i wouldn t wish it on my worst enemy.I m just happy to think that maybe one day I ll feel like me again and back to my normal self.all these years of my life have been dark to me..I don t wanna go through it anymore..I rather be homeless forever and feel normal again then to be rich feeling like this for the rest of my life.
Thu, 21 Jul 2016
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I am so sorry that you are dealing with this disorder. I suggest that you see a psychiatrist to see if any medication may help you deal with symptoms. However, finding a counselor that specializes in treatment of this disorder is your best hope for recovery. There are many types of therapy that can be used to treat this disorder. Here is a link to the Cleveland Clinic site that lists the types of therapy that might be used:

I hope you get some relief soon,
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello My boyfriend, (now ex) has been diagnosed with dispersonalisation, I ve since found out that he s been cheating on me for the past 3/4 months...